Sunday, January 18, 2015

Alpine Adventure: Amazing Bolzano and its Iceman

Bolzano, South Tyrol of Italy, is known for the Iceman – one of the world’s best-known and most important mummies. But before the discovery of the Iceman in the Alps, the city has been known for its spectacular scenery, rich culture and tolerance, which has been admired and studied by the Dalai Lama. The city regained the top place as the city with the Best Quality of Life in Italy. 

The visit to Bolzano turned out to be one of the most memorable stops during my Alpine Adventure trip. I was ready to end my trip there and stay in Bolzano. I was so impressed with the city and the surrounding hills overflowing with vineyards.



 Two gentlemen dressed in Tyrolean outfit




One of my favorite shots capturing what Bolzano is about.



The most unique café I have ever seen.





The South Tyrolean Archaeological Museum